Tuesday, November 13, 2007

day 61 to 65 and Home. Yeah.

With my digital camera broken and the surf blown out I decided to split. After three fun filled days in San Diego, I said goodbye to Rachel, Chris and the dogs. I had heard my pals up at Mollusk Surf Shop in Venice were having a party and there was a late season South swell filling in. A few restful days under my belt and it was time to party and get some hectic Malibu surfing on. I headed up to Los Angeles. Five days, one party, many waves and a new wetsuit later I was on my way Northward with designs on home. A brief stop over in Santa Cruz thenI rumbled my way up Highway 1 toward San Francisco .I studied the fields of brussel sprouts which roll out to the cliffs above the Pacific.. The cool ocean breeze brought a familiar salty freshness to the air in the van. Thoughts of the life I left behind two and a half months ago were flooding my mind intensely. I hadn't even arrived home, and here I was already planning a materials list for a renovation on my studio, calculating bills that needed attention, and thinking of reuniting with my friends. I felt ready and not ready at the same time. I rolled into town, parked the van outside of my house and sat in silence. My friend Jeff rang my phone. "I just got here", I said. "Cool" he replied. " Let's get a burrito".

And I was home.





No comments: