Thursday, October 4, 2007

day 26 to 29

Well, Jon and Maura headed to Greece for ten days to shoot for some magazine and I headed up to New England to visit more friends and family. I get my own little piece of Greece every time I'm in New England by visiting the Greek diners. The portions are always disgustingly huge and you can't beat the"home cookin" taste. I look for this certain type of marble cookie that I used to get as a kid at every diner I go to but I haven't found one in years. The default second is a shortbread cookie with a raspberry filling and a dusting of confectionary sugar. I promptly killed one the size of a dinner plate just over the CT border. After a trip to the Italian bakery, and the thrift store, I tried to visit the Philip Johnson Glass House in New Cannan, CT. Unfortunately, upon arrival I learned all the tours were booked. Instead, I thumbed through a beautiful hundred dollar gift book on the house and felt like I got a good tour anyway!















No comments: