Sunday, October 28, 2007

day 53

Leaving the fun of Miami was hard but I was ready to get on the road to go see my Brother and his family on the Gulf Coast. Besides, the surf was supposed to come up in the Naples to Venice area. After a dreary drive across Alligator Alley, I landed at the Naples pier. Waist hight sets dumped on the beach and there were about 7 to 10 people out. It was pretty much shit but I wanted to say I surfed on the Gulf Coast... I looked at it for ten minutes then decided to head north. Several false "check it's" later I pulled off on Connecticut St. in Fort Meyers. There I found some knee to thigh high peelers rolling in and a little channel splitting left and right peaks. The wind was light offshore and it spit the chocolaty water back toward the Gulf in the most beautiful fashion. STOKED!! I grabbed my log and went out, trunking it for a two hour solo session with an audience of four disbelieving retirees.





No comments: