Wednesday, September 19, 2007

day 18

My time is up here at the farm. Gotta get back on the road tomorrow. I started preparing for the transition back to city living this morning....I took the Thursday Styles section of the Times into my favorite little barn on the farm and read it thoroughly. Kim Gordon was at the Marc Jacobs show sporting a leather mini dress. Thought you might want to know. I'm kind of having a style crisis myself. I got rid of most of my clothes before I left in hopes of finding my new wardrobe on the road. So far I've picked up a red acrylic winter hat at the gas station/general store/ hardware store in Pepin for $4.99 (union made in the USofA). I might try to hunt down The Sartorialist here in NYC for an opinion or two. We'll see...he's a busy guy I'm sure. Regardless of that stuff, I spent the day just organizing the van, packing up and soaking in all the good stuff around me. After dinner, David suggested we take the Polaris up the hill and catch the sunset. We cruised the back 40(or 60) to check for deer. Sure enough there was a young doe just near the property line. Our arrival didn't seem to scare her. We speculated she wouldn't last very long since deer season just opened. Her curiosity got the best of her as we sat admiring her not more that thirty yards away. She came closer. We watched her until she leaped over the stone wall into the neighboring field. What a treat. A huge THANK YOU to my hosts David and Greg for everything. I couldn't have made it through the middle of this country with out the Twin Cities and these guys.













No comments: