Thursday, September 6, 2007

DAY 8

After surfing for 4 hours yesterday and having group meal #2 with my fisherman pals, I was feeling a bit slow today. I got up early enough to catch some morning light which I had been missing nearly every day on this trip. I took a pre coffee run down to the docks to shoot some footage. The bay was glassy and the fog was just receeding. From there to the Tofitian and to Incinerator Rock to check the surf. Upon arrival I couldn't see a damn thing it was so fogged in. So I took it in stride, parked and went back to bed. When I woke up again the fog was gone and the surf looked pretty bad though it was glassy. I decided to survey the myriad of driftwood shacks strewn across the beach. The shacks up here make ours looks like doll houses. Mostly because the drift wood that comes ashore is huge. Never made it out to surf again but got a ton of trip planning sorted out and got this thing up for you all to see. I'm anxious to get on the road again. It's back to Washington State tomorrow via a ferry to the city of Vancouver in the morning. Three hours to the ferry, two hours on the ferry , three hours to Seattle.









2 comments:

devon said...

Go to the doughnut house in anacortes if you can. Or to the piroshky lady in seattle when you arrive. Good snacks for the road. Thinking of you and safe travels (d+j)

Christopher B said...

i don't know if you heard, but The Sonics are re-uniting for some shows. Your tales of Washington state reminded me to tell you this.

-bru