Thursday, September 6, 2007

DAY 6

Arrived in Anacortes just after midnight and there were five cars in line for the ferry. I pulled up behind a big ranch pickup with a dog in the back. A guy who was half dressed and pulling some kinda bed roll from behind his seat informed me that this was the place to sleep when I inquired about a camp spot. After leaving a note in my seat to "knock to wake driver" I proptly passed out. At 4:00AM there was a knock and giggle and somebody ran away. I pulled up and payed...was directed to the proper lane for Sidney, BC then went back to sleep until 6AM which was when I checked the line behind me and was glad I got there early. Not to mention I got the best possible spot to film the crossing....bow of the boat. Too bad we were so fogged in. It was beautiful none the less. Sheet glass the whole trip but not an Orca in sight. Upon landing I headed to Victoria in search of the "biggest goddamn thiriftstore I've ever seen" that my pal Maz had told me about. After a brief stint in the touristy and beautiful part of town, I parked the van, jumped on the bike and found it. It's called Value Village and it's huge. Got a shirt and got outta town. I still had 5 hours to reach Tofino. Christ what a haul. It's like driving the CA1 to Bolinas but all the way to LA. On a brief snack stop was stoked to see that you can get my favorite Australian cookie in Canada! TIM TAMS!!!!!!!Yeahoooo! After a few TT's and a cup of coffee I pushed through and made Tofino just at sunset. I rolled up to Blake's house and was promptly handed a LUCKY LAGER and ushered into a delicious feast of spagetti with meat sauce , garlic bread with feta, and heaps of salad. The next day I get..."How'd you like the Moose, eh?"


4AM Ferry Termial

6AM

Bow watchmen and the van

I had a great camera position

Victoria

No comments: